Search This Blog

Thursday, June 12, 2008

WORDS OF WISDOM FROM BETTY

Hi Ceci, I was reading in Daniel 12: 1 & 2, and here is what it says:

1)..."and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall
be found written in the book.
2) And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some
to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt."

It really stuck with me, because I realized that as we live in the earth
that is what our portion will be in eternity. We can love *LIFE or we can
hold others in contempt (self-exaltation, PS 36 1&2). When Jesus talked
about forgiving our brothers seventy times seven times in one day, their
response was ... we need you to increase our faith (for that!). Faith to
keep free of offense with God and Man is the faith that pleases God. Faith
to truly receive one another, and think of others as better than ourselves.
So if Jesus received my sister, what is my problem? If Jesus received my husband,
what is my problem? Even if its not a true position of offense(which God
will help us with anyway), the devil is right there to feed us a lie about
someone. I loved being on the throne of my own life, and deceiving myself
that I was better than...whoever-- and it kept me blind. Deborah really
brought this out in me. After months of wrestling with her rejecting me (my
lack of love), and deceiving myself about rejecting Jesus, I finally asked the Lord to let me see her the way He saw her, and he did! He showed me she was a precious baby in the kingdom.

It was all the mercy of Jesus to open my eyes to being the queen of my own
life. That is how I was with my husband, too, its no wonder he was left
longing, with somthing missing, due to the gaping hole in him that I continually
left wide open. It was about how I was looking to other people, without
committing to love. I was a deceiver, deceiving myself and others--just
taking my ease. I think Gene or Carlos said it this last Sunday, its
impossible to stand still. If we are not moving forward,(taking the Kingdom
of God by force) we slide back. But anything to keep self on the throne.
We will end up in everlasting contempt unless we cast off contempt and chose
to love. When my mom died, I felt an emptiness that I knew I would live
with through eternity unless I made God's people my friends no matter what
it took. It really helped me to see that God wasn't going to let me into
heaven to be with people I had decided not to love (I had decided to love
myself). How sad that it took me twenty years of living in vengeance towards
God for not getting my way with my children to see it. But it has been His
mercy to allow me that 20 years to see it. God forgive me. It was not only
God's mercy towards their father to allow custody to be rewarded to him, but also
His mercy toward me. How deeply lodged these things get when we refuse to
face them and bring them out into the light. I have had to exercise faith
toward God in the relationships that I used to struggle with. I get to
choose everyday, just like all of us do. And I need God's help everyday!

*We pass from death to LIFE when we love the brethren. It takes facing our
fears of not getting what we need. It takes confronting one another (in
love to care for their soul) It takes CASTING DOWN offenses. The truth is,
we don't know what we need, and THANK GOD ALMIGHTY that he is willing to
step right in our way, and cross our will!! Its His highest love for us to
be partakers of His Spirit and His Holiness!! I was reading PS 25 this am,
and this is what stood out to me;

The LORD confides in those who fear him;
he makes his covenant known to them.

15 My eyes are ever on the LORD,
for only he will release my feet from the snare.

I know you can be set free if you want, but you do have to truly want to be. That is why we get such a reward of love, and heaven, and God's presence, we really have to value it, and whatever it takes to help us value it, that is the operation of God. Until you admit to yourself and God what you do value, you'll remain the same...


Thank you, JESUS!!! Your death and resurrection is enough, and what a
THANKFUL THING!! His loving-kindness is better than life!
God Bless you today!
Love, Betty

1 comment:

JUMP FOR JESUS NET said...

My wickedness shall correct me and my backslidings shall reprove me jer 2:19 with my spirit (what I have been eating spiritually at the devils table and drinking from his cup), and my eating (dead enzymless food). I am reaping what I have sown in my spirit and body since our honeymoon. All of jer 2 is really good. Not doing the Lords will in my life and my husbands life has already cost me. And I am not willing to let it cost me any more. The scripture says owe no man anything but love and that is what I am going to sow in my husband. It is a privilege to serve and be thankful for his son that he gave me.