Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Janel's dream on indifference

I had a dream...I was traveling with my friends on a ministry trip.
We were in a large fifth wheel. Debbie was the driver and she was
attempting to pull out of a very congested culdesac. She was going a
good job of maneuvering past other large vehicles and narrow
passages. As she was turning the last corner, past a concrete wall, I
noticed a small dirt bike leaning up against the wall. She clipped
the dirt bike, totaling it, and dented our fifth wheel. She had not
seen the bike. I had seen it before she hit it. It had not occurred
to me to point it out to her as she was doing such a good job avoiding
the obvious obstacles. I had been indifferent to her situation (that
affected more than just her).

Immediately I started checking my heart...there was a message
here...Pr.24:11-12...I also thought of the twig ministry that we are
all called to walk in after we have removed the log from our own
eyes. Lord, forgive us for our indifference. Help us to be faithful
messengers to one another.

No comments: