Search This Blog

Saturday, January 23, 2010

MESSAGE FROM JANEL

(Ceci could you send this on to the women...thx) We could have an online revival!!!!

Hi all,
Janel here...just wanted to get my voice out there on the
continuing communications. First of all, I was so pleased to receive
the email Rachel wrote to her mom. I thought of how "bursting with
joy" I would be to hear my daughter communicating in spirit and in
truth. Her resolve to walk in faith, as a woman of faith, even as she
has had an example to follow in her mother, that she would be an
example to follow....this is my resolve as well....we are called to be
daughters of faith! I thought of how the Lord must feel (III John 4
"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth")

I had the opportunity to read several communications yesterday.
It meant alot to me to be able to read the words written by all of
you....the scriptures and revelations that came forth are most
valuable to our spiritual lives...I think it robbery to read, read,
read, and not respond. This is why I am responding.

I can't help but think of the "coaching" principle....getting
counsel, understanding, wisdom, because we care to please the Lord.
Many of us have participated in organized sports and although rough at
times and humiliating at times....It was the most honored and
priviledged time when we were getting "coached" maybe we didn't
recognize it until we came through, but it was for our benefit. And
YET, the Lord's ways are HIGHER...I couldn't find the scripture that
talks about how our parents disciplined us after their own pleasure,
but the Lord, for our benefit that we might be partakers with him.
His death on the cross should be all the witness we need that he loves
us, yet he continues to show His Love toward us in little ways.

This little cluster of letters is a witness and a testimony of
Jesus' love for us. Rick had me buy a copy of Demos Shakarian's story
for the kids to read. The book is called The Happiest People on
Earth. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. He says when we
use the gift God has given us for His will and purpose, it is then
that we are the happiest people on earth. He found his gift as a
"helper". To serve in bringing forth the gospel to his community,
across the states, and eventually around the world. He saw his place
in the Body of Christ. One thing that really stood out to me (and
I've heard Gene talk about this) was how he saw branches, or
chapters, of the fellowship (he started the organization "Full Gospel
Business Men's Fellowship International")

I gotta share this: Rick was invited to attend a meeting while
working the fish business in Hawaii, long before he and I met, and
before he had really met Gene. Rick went, it was a free breakfast,
and he thought, what the heck, maybe he'd meet a businessman that
would want to put some money into his fish business. He walked away
from that meeting delivered from demons, committed to Jesus, filled
with the Holy Ghost....he told Jesus how much he loved him, his heart
overflowing...the Spirit said "sell your business and come follow
Me". We all have a story to tell....hopefully we will write it
down...me included.

Anyway, Demos talked about each chapter having a flavor and
emphasis of their own, yet all under one fellowship, being a witness
for Jesus.

I think of this in terms of households within our own
Fellowship....each having a different flavor and giftings to
contribute to the body of Christ (like a spiritual potluck) I think of
us all going out into other towns with our Jump for Jesus t-
shirts....yet it starts here....and if an email communication is
necessary to fill the gaps between our meetings...then I'll jump in,
too.
Love you all, Janel
I forgot, I wanted to add these verses:
HEB. 10:23-25
Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering (for he
is faithful that promised) and let us consider one another to provoke
unto love and to good works:not forsaking the assembling of ourselves
together, as the manner of some is, but exhorting one another: and so
much more, as you see the day approaching.

this is where the life of the Spirit is at!!! and where the Spirit of
the Lord is, there is liberty!!!

No comments: